Most people with health insurance usually get it through the company they work for. If you’re one of those people, you don’t need to use the government insurance exchanges or marketplaces. However,if your job doesn’t provide health insurance, shopping around on your state’s public marketplace, or the federal marketplace to find the lowest premiums is the way to go.
It is important to make a compare-and-contrast checklist between insurances to ensure you get the most bang for your buck. If you’re self-employed or without insurance from your employer, in other words, you’re looking for individual or family health insurance in West Virginia, you might be looking for Affordable Care Act Insurance.
Private Health Insurance Plans in West Virginia
A new West Virginia private health insurance plan may be right for you if:
- You are self employed
- Your employer does not offer a group plan
- You are enrolled in a group plan, but it does not cover spouses or dependents
- You are enrolled in a health plan, but the premiums are too high
- You are enrolled in a health plan, but your benefits needs have changed
Depending on the health insurance company, West Virginia individual and family health insurance rates for couples is based on the youngest person’s age. Some couples with an age difference of several years may find they save money by applying for the same plan unlike couples that are only a few years apart. These couples might be able to reduce their total costs by applying for separate health insurance plans. See more!
Short term health insurance in West Virginia
Short-term health insurance may provide:
- Budget-friendly monthly payments
- Health care coverage while you search for a long term option
Health insurance coverage for multiple years
TriTerm Medical Insurance is a short-term health insurance that offers coverage for preventive care, doctor office visits, and prescriptions.
- Apply once for insurance coverage terms that equal one day less than 3 years.
- $2 million lifetime maximum benefit per covered person on most plans.
- Eligible expenses for preexisting conditions are covered after 12 months on the plan.
Hospital & doctor insurance
Health ProtectorGuard fixed indemnity insurance, can enhance your major medical plan by paying cash for many common, covered medical services, like a doctor visit, a trip to urgent care or a surgical procedure.
- No deductibles or copays to pay first
- Benefits paid regardless of other insurance
- Money to pay costs not covered by major medical plans, like a deductible
Accident & critical illness insurance
Accidental injuries and critical illness happen when you least expect them. Accident insuranceand critical illness insurancecan help by paying cash benefits for covered injuries or illnesses.The Accident Pro series of productscombines accident insurance with critical illness, hospitalization, and accidental death and dismemberment coverage all in one. For more details, visit: https://www.webmd.com/health-insurance/types-of-health-insurance-plans#1
West Virginia dental and vision plans
Dental and vision plans, have no age limit restrictions.They offer coverage for the dental and vision services many medical insurance plans don’t include.